Team: ala, shadow of darkness, Marky, End, scaba
Last changed: 19.04.2014 19:56
Date of publication: Some weeks perhaps?
User niveau: Excellent
Translate to english
I'm making something Clonky again \o/
Perhaps like most of you, I'm shocked and appalled of the foreclosure of the official clonk forum. A game that has profoundly shaped my life is about to make a big leap towards oblivion. I prefer that not to happen. However, Clonk has become bland. Take Look at the standard objects pack - it has changed rather little since Clonk Planet. It's barely even using any of the wonderful new features that were added since GWE!
What I would like to do is to re-imagine as many of the original objects and resources as I can. Like, how would a Vegetation look like if it were developed in these days, now as we have *much* more CPU Power, more Bandwidth and Script functionality at Hand?
- More Effects and Objects! "Help! My PC doesn't lag anymore when I start Clonk!"
- We've been using the same Sky-Clouds and Midi-Chiptunes for 10 years or more, I think it's time for some variety!
- We need more natural enemies! Minecraft has respawning Zombies, Skeletons, Creepers, Spiders, Wither Skeletons, Slimes, etc..... What does Clonk have? A non respawning amount of Monsters, Snakes and Sharks.
- We need better goals! I think, after all these years, we've collected enough gold and produced enough settlement points to deserve some more meaningful goals ;-)
- We need more interaction! Observing 2 Knights doing a sword fight all on their own is boring. We've got swords and axes, I wanna swing them too!
- We need less Addons but not less Content! Western, Knights, Fantasy, Far Worlds... can't we make them all run from one Objects.c4d without chaos?
But most importantly, the whole project shouldn't be yet another addon pack. I would like it to be a complete replacement of Clonk Rages original Objects and Resources. Perhaps we can use it as a basis from where we can take Clonk into a new direction. There will not be that much new content I think, but there shall be so much much more detail in each and every feature.
Why for Clonk Rage and not OpenClonk? D:
- CR Content and OC Content are not mutually exclusive and stuff can still be ported at a later time (e.g. Kanibal building CR=>OC Converter)
- Because Nostalgia! <3
- Despite many attempts, I still find myself disliking OC as a game and I don't see it as the future of Clonk (yet)
- Developing in CR is easy and familiar for me.
Currently working on
- For Release v0.3
- Animal AI
- Music Manager
- Better Trees
- Animal respawning
Already usable Features
- Lots of Tweaks (Better Clonk Controls, Sawmill is obsolete - we've got Insta-Tree-Chop'n'Saw, Zaptrees!, New Materials Grass/Loam/Flint)
- Better Vegetation: Rewritten Vegetation Placement, a super easy-to-use configurable Enviroment Object that replaces the Engine generated Vegetation. No more just a couple trees on top of dirt. There shall be lush forests, Stalactites+Mushrooms in Caves and Vines hanging from the Skylands!
- Better Animals: Rewritten Animal Placement - finally no more fish placed in lava! Lots of customizable options like with BetterVegetation. 2 new placement Types: Underground & Burrow
- Better Earth Objects: Rewritten Earth Objects Placement - finally no more falling flints right at Gamestart! Lots of customizable options like BetterVegetation, Varius new placement types, e.g. you can place objects near to certain materials (e.g. coal near coal material)
- Better Day/Night change
- 1 Settlement Scenario
- Ambient Sound Manager
Im looking for (send these my way if you got any of them)
- Awesome Sky Backgrounds
- Awesome Music
- Awesome Graphics
- Awesome Ideas ;-) (in the forum)
- Participants in the Discussions @ Forum!
All the content made by me (Tyron) is free to use for anything. Some other content, like most sound effects and music tracks are under a CreativeCommons License and might need to be checked individually.
|10.11.2015 17:46, DeutscherJ voted +, Influence 1|
|The project presentation could be better, but I really like the idea and I'm looking forward to play the complete package! :)|
|17.04.2014 12:17, Wipfmagus voted +, Influence 1|
|Ich habe längst noch nicht alle Bestandteile dieses Projekts getestet, aber was ich getestet habe, gefällt mir ausgezeichnet. So sehr ich Erweiterungspacks liebe, finde ich, im "clonkigen" Kernbereich des Spiels hat sich in letzter Zeit viel zu wenig getan. Es freut mich sehr, zu sehen, dass der Golden-Wipf-Ansatz mal wieder aufgegriffen wird - das Originalpack zu modernisieren und verschönern, ist ein großartiges und wichtiges Projekt, das das Überleben von Clonk Rage sichern könnte|
|22.03.2014 23:22, maxiking1659 voted +, Influence 1|
|Hoffentlich die Wiedergeburt von Clonk, da es ja immer weiter bergab geht.|
Klares + Vote, Hoffentlich wirds was.
|21.03.2014 17:09, TOP-Secret voted +, Influence 1|
|Durch die Musik wirkt Siedeln viel entspannender als mit der (Meiner meinung nach) aufputschendem Standardmusik.|
Das ist eine klares Plus. Außerdem ist es ein Schritt wie die GWE nur das sie GZP heißt.
|19.03.2014 14:01, Maddino voted +, Influence 1|
|Welcome back Tyron :)|
nice ideas and nice project! ++
specially the new fight modus is very interesting
but also the new music! :)
I'm curious how it will go on!
|18.03.2014 15:18, Tflk3 voted +, Influence 1|
|Great Idea!!! so +++ ^^|
But that Sounds like much to Work....
Unfortunately, my programming experience is limited... otherwise I would love to help where I can ^^ (Look at "Ant-Pack" there are my script's but the most of them with help from Clonkspot...)
|18.03.2014 13:45, Foaly voted +, Influence 1|
Maybe I could do some minor stuff when there is something to do.
|16.03.2014 19:25, xXxStormhunter20xXx voted +, Influence 1|
|I like the idea about the "permanent Volcano".|
Thats a great Project!
|16.03.2014 18:00, Pitri voted +, Influence 1|
|Looks great so far. I'm curious how this project will progress. :)|
|16.03.2014 11:13, Michael14 voted +, Influence 1|
|It's nice to see that there are still others who share the same passion of the original;|
Hopefully you will get your support and complete your project =)